This Morning’s Top 4 Stories in Social Media, Business & Tech
Welcome to this morning’s edition of “First To Know,” a series in which we keep you in the know on what’s happening in the digital world. We’re keeping our eyes on four particular stories of interest today.
FTC To Target Google in Antitrust Investigation
The Federal Trade Commission is preparing to launch the most comprehensive antitrust investigation of Google’s business practices yet, much of it centered on claims that Google manipulates search engine results pages (SERPs) to its advantage, according to a new report.
Twitter To Put Promoted Tweets in Timeline in Next 2 Months
Promoted Tweets will begin showing up in users’ timelines within the next eight weeks, according to several sources who have been briefed on the matter.
Apple Files Lawsuit Against Samsung in Korea
Apple has filed a lawsuit against Samsung in South Korea for several alleged patent infringements.
Old Version of Twitter To Be Eliminated “Very, Very Soon”
- A recovered phone from Osama bin Laden’s trusted courier offers clues to his ties with Pakistan.
- Netflix CEO Reed Hastings has joined Facebook’s board of directors.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8, possibly the last update in the Mac OS X 10.6 series, is now available for download.
- Google Sites are now optimized for iOS 3.0+ and Android 2.2+ devices.
- Laptops powered by typing could be on the way, according to a study by Australian researchers.
For more Social Media coverage:
- Follow Mashable Social Media on Twitter
- Become a Fan on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Social Media channel
- Download our free apps for Android, Mac, iPhone and iPad